Makeup and hygiene – know the facts
Beauty is fun, glamorous, uplifting, inspiring, sexy and brilliant! But it should also be clean and safe. You shouldn’t have to worry about picking up dangerous bacterial infections when you put your lipstick or mascara on in the morning or when testing new products at the makeup counter. But, without clean products, brushes, hands, tools and accessories, that’s exactly what could happen.
Easy, quick and professional makeup and beauty hygiene cleaning and sanitising solution from The Pro Hygiene Collection
The Pro Hygiene Collection® is the first complete range of specially-designed hygiene, sanitizing and cleansing products for hands, makeup, tools, accessories, eyes, lips and face. The range is ideal for both personal use and for use by makeup and beauty professionals – helping keep you and the beauty industry professionally clean.
Why The Pro Hygiene Collection®?
By their very nature, many makeup products provide prime breeding grounds for bacteria and fungus. Combined with the fact that 80% of germs are transferred by hands, it’s no wonder makeup application can be full of hidden dangers. By using The Pro Hygiene Collection® as part of your regular makeup application routine, you can dramatically reduce the risk you expose yourself to while also extending the life of your makeup and your, often expensive, makeup brushes and tools.
Our range includes antibacterial sanitiser spray mist for makeup products; antibacterial quick-dry makeup brush cleaner spray; deep cleaning makeup and sponge wash/shampoo; alcohol-based refreshing hand sanitiser gel and an all in one super-effective makeup remover.
– 100% testers from beauty counters tested positive for e-coli, herpes simplex, staph, strep and other bacteria (*5).
– sharing makeup, makeup brushes and testing cosmetic products at the beauty counter and at events results in cross-contamination.
– clean all makeup brushes before use, use disposable applicators, do not “double dip”, ensure makeup testers are sanitized and hands are germ-free before trying.
By using The Pro Hygiene Collection® as part of your daily makeup application and cleansing routine, you can dramatically reduce the risks you expose yourself to, whilst extending the life of your makeup and your accessories such as false eyelashes. Think about those favourite cosmetics that aren’t available to buy any more, so you know you can keep them safely germ-free until they eventually run out. As a professional makeup artist or student, you should be using The Pro Hygiene Collection® throughout your day’s work to avoid cross-contamination of your clients.
Beauty counters and pro makeup artists work hard to maintain a high level of hygiene standards, but care should be taken
Without strict hygiene protocols on counter and by individual makeup artists, problematic results of pathogens frequently found on makeup, pro artist kits, makeup testers, accessories and makeup brushes can lead to nasty infections including: –
- eye styes
- corneal ulcers
- herpes simplex (cold sore virus)
- stomach upsets, sickness and diarrhoea from E-coli.
(1) Source American Academy of Dermatology “Cosmeceuticals and Your Skin”.
(2) Source: www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle.
(3) Department Store survey – 1000 women age 18-70 – Report: The Makeup Time Bomb.
(4) Source American Academy of Dermatology “Cosmeceuticals and Your Skin”.
(5) Department Store survey – 1000 women age 18-70 – Report: The Makeup Time Bomb.
(6) Two-year study on public makeup testers by Dr Elizabeth Brooks.